Monday, January 9, 2012

IT'S A HOME RUN!!!

I will admit it, I hit bottom this weekend.  With rumors of mediocre-to-horrible coaching candidates like Kerwin Bell, Ron Cooper, etc...  I thought there was no way we were going to land anybody any good at either coordinator position.  I thought Chizik had lost it and was about to go down like the Titanic with two awful hires.  Somehow someway like Kirk Gibson so long ago now, Chizik and Auburn parked one in the bottom of the ninth to bring Auburn back.  I think Brian Van Gorder is a phenomenal hire.  The best part of Mark Richt's career was because of this guy.  Georgia hasn't really been the same on defense till maybe this year since this guy left.  His record at Georgia speaks for itself and his work with the Falcons is not half bad either.  It was a lot better than the Dolphins' defense when you-know-who was down there.  Hopefully he will wake up some of these brainwashed recruits to the fact that $aban and Co are not the only path to "The League".  I am so excited.  Great job Chiz.  Great job Auburn.  War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment