Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Post of 2009 - Outback Edition

First, unfortunately, I have to respond to my last post. I guess the only thing that really needs to be said is NEVER EVER BELIEVE ANYTHING A FLORIDA COACH SAYS AGAIN. First, Billy Donavan pulls this stunt and now Urban Meyer. The whole thing stinks and we are obviously not getting the whole story. I think Tony Barnhart does a great job on covering this and talking about the future on this ridiculous leave-of-absence thing. I fail to understand how some time away is going to heal the things that Meyer is supposedly dealing with enough to coach college football at the highest level. Then just as Barnhart points out, the pressure and scrutiny are just going to increase on Florida and Meyer during this time away.

Back to Auburn, well we are one day away from the big Outback bowl. I am actually pumped up about this game. The only good thing about the bowl system is the occasional really cool match ups you get. Some of the teams that I have enjoyed watching Auburn play over the years are: Boston College, Michigan, USC, Ohio St, Indiana (yes I was there in 1990 to see us play in the last Peach Bowl (I think) at old Fulton County Stadium), Penn St, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Nebraska and now Northwestern. The Northwestern game is interesting because they are a team we have never played before.

I will not waste time analyzing the game as with all bowl games it is basically just an exhibition and it has been over a month since either team has played. The teams are never the same. That is why the conference championship games are the only real postseason games. I finally figured out a few years ago that other than a good feeling bowl games and the way you play in them are totally meaningless. However it is always fun getting to watch your favorite school get to play one more game against somebody they do not usually play.

The best thing for me about this bowl game is IT WILL BE THE LAST TIME I EVER HAVE TO WATCH CHRIS TODD PLAY QUARTERBACK AT AUBURN AGAIN. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment