Saturday, December 5, 2009

Been out of town

Well it has obviously been a dry week here at STR. I wanted to post something on the big SEC Championship Game that starts in about an hour and half but had to go out of town on business. I had to go to West Point, the United State Military Academy. I am working on a project that required me to go up there. I just got back.

While I was there I got to check out the football facilities and they are first rate. You know that full size indoor practice field that Tub was always wanting? Army has got it. I got to play some catch in there, watch the team practice and meet the head coach plus most of the staff. It was really cool. I am going to be pretty pumped up for the Army vs. Navy game next week. Go Army! Beat Navy!

Now to the matter at hand and that is Bama vs. Florida for the domination of the world... Unfortunately I do not have time to break down the game. I am just that has been done ad nauseum all over. All I can do is give my pick and my abbreviated take on the game.

These are two very good teams and this is argubly the biggest SECCG ever played. However I do think these teams are more like 10-1 teams than the 11-0 juggernauts they are made out to be. Both teams got lucky in some close ones and had the refs bail him them out a few times as well. Nevertheless it should be a great game. You have Tim Tebow in his SEC farewell and a hungry Bama team looking to get over that Florida hump. Bama has met Florida in the SECCG after an undefeated season twice now. They met in 1994 and last year. Both times they lost.

You have to believe Nick $aban has had last years lost burning in his gut each day. I believe he has been thinking about that loss just about every day since it happened. I know he and his staff will have done everything humanly possible to prepare for this game. I would almost say the same about Urban Meyer but it is nearly impossible to stay as hungry as you were before you won the big one. I think Bama is the hungrier team, coaches and players. I think Florida has one of the best players in SEC history in Tim Tebow. I have learned a few times not to best against Tebow.

So there you have it. The unstoppable force (Tebow) vs. the immovable object (Bama's defense). Who will prevail and who will win the other side of the football game, i.e. Bama's offense vs. Florida's defense. This is obviously a tough call but my gut says Bama finally gets over the hump. I will say... BAMA OVER FLORIDA

No comments:

Post a Comment