Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week 12 Review - Thanksgiving Early

As an Auburn family heading down to the game we had thanksgiving dinner this weekend with my family. Since Auburn was not playing we could actually enjoy it. Not only that after enjoying turkey and all the fixings we sat down and watched the end of the LSU and Ole Miss game. It was a rare SEC game that I did not really care who won or lost. What an ending! Late touchdowns, recovered onsides kicks and a crazy last few seconds. Nice time management by "The Hat". That win and another one next week against State puts Ole Miss at the top of the non-BCS heap. That should put them in the Capital One Bowl and that is a big deal for the mrs.

Next, hey what a surprise, Kentucky beats Georgia at home. It is the second time this year Kentucky has made Auburn look bad (and me as I picked Georgia). However Ryan Mallett did prove me right as he was the best player in the Arkansas and State game. He threw for another 300 yards and five touchdowns. This guy is the real deal and if Bobby Petrino can just put a few more players around him Arkansas will be a real challenger next year. Elsewhere Tennessee took care of Vandy plus Bama and Florida had light scrimmages.

So with one game to go in the regular season I think we can say as a FACT that the SEC is DOWN. NOBODY outside of Bama and Florida currently has a winning record in conference. The mrs and LSU have a shot at 5-3 but I think only the mrs will get it. I think surging Arkansas and Ryan Mallett will take out LSU next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment