Sunday, October 1, 2023

GAME 5 REVIEW: Tired

Georgia 27  Auburn 20.  Alright I am glad Auburn made it close and pretty much did the best anyone could expect for this game.  Unfortunately I am just tired of so many things.  I am tired of Auburn losing to Georgia.  I am tired of Auburn being a mediocre to bad program.  I am tired of Auburn not being able to pass the ball.  I am tired of Auburn getting stuffed on 3rd and 4th and 1.  I am tired of celebrating moral victories and the fact Auburn kept it close against some team.  However with all that said, you know what I am most tired of after watching this game yesterday???  That would be watching Georgia tight end Brock Bowers run wide open through the Auburn secondary catching ball after ball.  I mean seriously the Auburn coaches could not do better than that after he had already burned them so many times in a row? 

It is time to face facts, this is a mediocre-to-bad flawed team that will finish with a losing record in the SEC like the last two years.  They are in my opinion no fun to watch the way they are coached and in fact hard to watch.  I have not seen too many teams this inept at passing the ball.  I mean is Auburn playing football like the service academies now?  I mean yesterday Auburn could not execute the most basic passing play.  I mean yay the Tigers ran the ball good some of the time but one dimensional teams are eventually losers.  Also if Auburn was a well coached running team they would not get stuffed on EVERY SINGLE 3RD AND 4TH AND 1.  I mean at what point will these moronic coaches realize that you should bring in extra blockers and go under center for short yardage downs?  I mean come on.

In terms of competing in the Southeastern Conference Payton Thorne is not near good enough.  The Auburn offensive line and wide receivers do not look close either.  The coaching is worse than both.  The Auburn defense is doing enough to win games if they were playing with an actual good SEC offense but I am beginning to wonder if Auburn will ever have that again.  As I was reminded yesterday no football offense will ever be good without a good offensive line and in Auburn's case that means some ALL-SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMEN.  At this point it has been so long that I am wondering if Auburn will ever have a great SEC offensive line again.  Right now I would say NO they will not.  We always "in" on all these good linemen but they never actually come.

I do not know what else to say.  It is not the fault of the people who are at Auburn now but it is pretty much all on the leadership at Auburn for the last decade.  They allowed the program to decay and bottom out on their watch and on top of that many of them got golden parachutes when they left after doing a terrible job.  Auburn is a mid-tier SEC football program now if that.  Again we will end the season with a losing record for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW and with Georgia and Bama back on the road next season the streak will probably go to four in a row.  (NOTE: Bama and Georgia being moved to both being at home or both being on the road as opposed to the previous hundred years where one was at home and one on the road was the fault of former AD Jay Jacobs who I believe is getting paid a million dollars a year from Auburn for the rest of his life after being maybe the worst AD in SEC history).

I am so tied of it.  I am also tired of all being constantly reminded that Gus Malzahn is not a good football coach. He proved it again last night by blowing a 35-7 lead in the third quarter to BAYLOR (???!!!???).  He was actually much worse than Mr. Potato Head because he was just good enough to stay around as long as he did while his recruiting got worse and worse leaving us where we are now.  I challenge anyone to find ONE Central Florida fan that wants to keep him.  I do think Auburn right now should still be a little better football team but I guess we have got to give Freeze time.  Unfortunately that means more time watching this offense.  Thank goodness Auburn has a bye week this next Saturday.  The question now is will Auburn look any better on offense at LSU after a bye week?

No comments:

Post a Comment