Wednesday, October 19, 2022

GAME 7 REVIEW: LIMBO

Ole Miss 48  Auburn 34.  I apologize for the late post.  First I was waiting and hoping I would be able to write about the firing of Auburn head football coach Bryan Harsin.  However it was apparent by late Sunday it was just not going to happen.  After that expected result did not happen I honestly did not know what to write about???  How many ways can I say that Harsin and his staff are simply terrible coaches.  They cannot coach, they cannot recruit, they cannot build relationships, and on and on it goes...  Yes Auburn finally ran the football well against an average to below average Ole Miss defense that had a big lead and has a lightning quick offense.  Those defenses are usually like that.  Also the Auburn players on certain units rise up and play well sporadically basically in spite of their coaches in my opinion.  This week is was the running game. 

You know you have hit ROCK BOTTOM when all the Auburn sites go crazy that we played hard and made it close at certain times against OLE MISS.  Boy those gutsy little Auburn Tigers sure play hard regardless of the fact they lose every week!  GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK.  This is one of the worst Auburn football teams in modern history and things are poised to get much much worse.  This team is terrible but just about every good player at every position is LEAVING after this season (!!!!!!).  Add to that fact we are apparently giving up on recruiting this year solely depending on getting a teams worth of semi-good players in the transfer portal that oh want to come play on the Titanic.  As I said in an earlier post I think it is a HUGE MISTAKE not getting rid of Harsin this week.  He is literally killing the program.  I do not think Auburn faced as bad a situation as this in 1998, 2008, or 2012. 

Auburn is not only going to lose most of the football team and their recruiting is as bad as I have ever seen it but Auburn fans are finding better things to do on Saturdays.  They are losing the rank and file support by dragging this on.  Many people think this is not a big deal and things will bounce back like they always do but I disagree.  I keep reading Auburn can bounce back quick.  I disagree.  I think a lot of people do not appreciate how bad things are as in the way the whole team is stacked.  In those other years you had horrific seasons but you had some talent returning and the program had not eroded as much and for as long.  The program eroded quickly and badly under former coach Gus Malzahn and Bryan Harsin has made it much much worse.  

People, we will basically only have maybe one or two scholarship offensive linemen on the team at the end of this season.  Most of the defensive line is gone.  The linebackers will be much worse.  That in turn will make everything bad.  Auburn is in DEEP SH*T after this season and nobody is doing anything about it!!!  This is not going to be a quick turnaround where we grab all these great players out of the portal!  Give me a break!  I will believe it when I see it.  Everybody is raving about Tennessee but many Auburn fans seem to forget how long it has taken for Tennessee to get back facing these SAME PROBLEMS.  The barely beat Bama for the first time in 15 YEARS.  Of course I wonder if they have figured out that they have to beat Bama AND Georgia just to get to the SECCG... where they have to beat Bama AGAIN.  That is either not going to happen or they will feel like the 2017 Auburn team.

I have been an Auburn fan all my life, I graduated from Auburn, my parents graduated from Auburn, my brother graduated from Auburn, my oldest son graduated from Auburn...  I am an Auburn guy but I have had about all I can take of bad leadership at this institution and simply do not know how much more I can take.  I know I cannot take much more.  It is just one stupid decision after another.  Before I was even old enough to be a fan the stupid leadership bungled the transition from Coach Jordan to Doug Barfield.  They then basically only got lucky to get Pat Dye as they almost had an over-the-hill Vince Dooley ready to come.  Auburn then gave Terry Bowden a huge extension... and then fired him.  They then would do the same thing with Tommy Tuberville, Gene Chizik AND Gus Malzahn.  

I mean HOW STUPID AN ORGANZIATION DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO KEEP MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES???  Auburn hit a new low promoting a complete buffoon in Jay Jacobs to athletic director where he made mistake after mistake after mistake...  He ran off the most successful coach in state history by far in swim coach David Marsh, he signed this albatross of a deal with Under Armor, he helped Mississippi State get their cowbells back (a school who has tried to stick a knife in Auburn's back time and time again), he helped the SEC screw us by changing the 100 year old rotation of Bama or Georgia being a home game each season, and on and on it goes...  They then replace Jacobs with a completely unqualified Allen Greene who then slashes the budget turning literally every coach at Auburn against him and then follows that up with hiring Harsin.

That brings us to the idiots who keep hiring the bad athletic directors!  Starting with the turn of the new century Auburn has had the following geniuses as president:  William "Jetgate" Walker, Ed "I hired Jay Jacobs" Richardson, Jay "I have never done anything proactive in my life" Gogue, Steven "I helped give Gus Malzahn 50 million dollars and tried to fire Bruce Pearl" Leath, and that was followed by more Gogue who was also part of hiring Harsin.  We now have Chris "I somehow need more time before firing the worst coach in modern Auburn history" Roberts.  Add to this all of the supposed shenanigans by powerful Auburn boosters and I have literally reached my breaking point.  Of course these boosters supposed power and interference have now reached such mythical levels that we might be able to pin JFK on them as well. 

So to conclude I am not sure how I am going to get through the rest of this season.  Auburn might luck up and win a game or two or it might not.  Either way NOBODY wants to watch Bryan Harsin flounder around anymore.  "PAY THAT MAN HIS MONEY".  It might not make much difference but it will bring at least a modicum of peace to me and many Auburn fans and show that the current administration at least has a clue.  I am hearing the next personnel event at Auburn will be hiring the next athletic director.  If this person has the sense to get in out of the rain he or she will be ahead of the last two.  All I can say is this better be at least a decent hire.  That answer to that question will also answer the same question about Auburn president Chris Roberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment