Saturday, November 12, 2016

Game 10 Review: NO PASSING ZONE

(For any interested I posted my review of last week's game today, my apologies)
 
Georgia 13  Auburn 7.  Let me be really clear here, I am DONE with Gus Malzahn.  DONE.  I have written over and over and over in this blog how he is incapable of putting together a competent passing game and he proved me right once again.  He never makes the passing game a part of the main game plan, he continues to not use lesser games to get better in the passing game and he continues to pat himself on the back for rushing for a bazillion yards against bad defenses.  He has done it over and over and over again. 
 
He will simply never change.  The Auburn offense under him will never change.  It does not matter how many times he runs lesser teams out of the stadium, he will always lose to good defenses every time.  The 2013 season was the exception and it will not happen again.  Of course he still lost the big one that season because he would not pass.  I am just DONE.  I am so tired of watching this garbage.  He is very good at running the ball and he will continue to get a few big wins every year with this one-dimensional offense but he will also continue to not have a good passing game and get beat in games like this.  I am so tired of watching it.
 
I am also sick and tired of being told how great this offense is, how great these coaches are, how great Sean White is, blah blah blah.  I cannot wait to hear the excuses for this one.  Yes Kamryn Pettway was injured but you cannot win big games without alternative game plans.  Yes Sean White was probably hurt as well but either he can do the job or you put the back up in, it is as simple as that.  Of course our coaches decided not to get our backup any experience passing the ball in real games so I am sure he is not ready for a game like this.  A good coach, one paid ALMOST FIVE MILLION DOLLARS should be able to win a game against a bad Georgia team even with these injuries. 
 
You had a senior quarterback on the bench who led the way to our biggest road win in the last two seasons at Texas A&M last season.  Everyone hates him but I think he would have done a better job than 6 for 20 for 27 yards and one pick six.  I cannot describe how horrible that is or how bad the coaching has to be for that to happen.  These coaches knew Pettway would be out as soon as he pulled up lame last week however they did nothing to get our young wide receivers involved other than jet sweeps to Eli Stove. 
 
I have noted several times the last few weeks that our game plan only seem to consist of running Kamryn Pettway.  It seems all our coaches tried to do this week was the same thing with Kerryon Johnson and Stanton Truitt.  I guess they did not take into account that Georgia has a very good run defense.  I guess it never entered their mind that they might have to pass.  It sure looked like that.  Sean White may have been hurt but he was poorly prepared as well.  I mean people can throw out as many excuses as they like but that does not explain 32 TOTAL YARDS AND NO FIRST DOWNS IN THE SECOND HALF.  I MEAN COME ON!!!!!!
 
Auburn lost to a Georgia team WHO DID NOT SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN.  It simply boggles the mind that a team with Auburn's talent can play that bad.  I am so sick and tired of watching this stupid offense.  I am so tired of watching us run up the middle out of the shotgun.  I want Malzahn gone, period end of story.  He cannot make it up to me, I don't care how many lesser teams he runs out of the stadium.  He will never be able to coach up a competent passing game.  It will be just however many more years of watching him run up the middle 60 times a game.
 
The only thing left now is a garbage game against Alabama A&M and an execution in Tuscaloosa.  You can go ahead and FILE OUR THIRD SEASON IN A ROW LOSING TO GEORGIA AND BAMA.  That is right THREE IN A ROW with MORE TO COME most likely.  Who cares though?  We sure beat the heck out of a bad Mississippi State team and an Arkansas team with no run defense.  Our equally as inept athletic director will probably give Malzahn a raise and a five year extension.  They will continue to talk about 2013 and ignore three years of evidence since then that this is all Malzahn is ever going to give us.   
 
I am not even sure about the history of this blog till Malzahn is gone.  It seems like he will probably be here several more years and they will be exactly the same as the last three.  I do not think I can summarize his lack of ability to coach up a passing game again.  I do not think I can list the pieces of evidence from the last seven seasons he has been either offensive coordinator or head coach that show this is all the coach he will ever be.  I guess our only hope is that another Cam Newton will appear or a host of NFL-caliber great players will come in like 2013.  Otherwise enjoy the hundreds of times he will run up the middle and the inevitable losses to Georgia and Bama.

No comments:

Post a Comment