Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 12 Review - Iron Bowl Champs

I have never seen a game like the 2010 Iron Bowl and I do not think I will see another like it.  It is impossible to come back from 24-0 especially against a good Bama team in Tuscaloosa with over 100,000 fans.  When the score reached 24-0 I knew it was over.  Auburn has never had a comeback like that and I have not seen many Bama teams play any better.  It was over.  Then somehow, someway Auburn clawed their way back.  A few fumbles, a few stops, a few touchdowns and suddenly it was 24-14 in the third quarter.  I saw the sun peek from behind the clouds.  Then came the punt, the awful punt.  Auburn was about to get the ball around midfield and the chance to take the lead.  Quindarious Carr then inexpicably decided not to call fair catch for the first time all season when he actually should have and subsequently fumbled the ball back to Bama in great field position.  I felt my heart being literally ripped out.  However we hold them to the field goal and then relentlessly march down the field and somehow someway Cam gets it to one of the new favorite players in Auburn's long football history, the guy with the maybe the longest last name in Auburn football history, Phillip Lutzenkirchen.  Auburn 28 Bama 27.  One of the greatest ever.  It is great to be an Auburn Tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment