Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The ONLY way to review a game (plus other notes)...

Kudos to Rob Pate at Eyes On Auburn for using my favorite format of reviewing gamesOn top of that it was a great review of the game.  It is awesome to get a current player's take on the game each week. 
Well it looks like this Auburn grad and part-time blogger will be heading to the plains this weekend for the latest biggest game of the season.  As I have said before I went to just about every Auburn home game for eighteen years but had to give it up when my children got older and start playing sports (and costing more).  Now I make it to one or two games a season and usually not till November.  However things opened up and the opportunity arose so I am taking it.  I am more excited than usual getting to see Cam Newton in person for the first time and against the best defense he might face all season. 

I feel pretty good about the game.  You have to think that Auburn can score more points than LSU.  Everyone also points to LSU's lucky escapes this year.  However you also can go the other way as well.  LSU hammered us last season and "The Hat" has owned us.  The only time we beat the "The Hat" was in 2006 and that was a close one.  I know we did not have Cam Newton last year (in fact we had the total opposite of Cam Newton) but the LSU offense had their best game in the last two years.  Their defense holds Cam and the offense to 30 points and they win if they score the 31 points they scored last year.  Our defense has the capability of making any offense look good, even LSU.

I think the special teams could go a long way in deciding this one.  Auburn comes in after having it's best day from special teams in years while LSU comes in with superstar Patrick Peterson.  As Will Collier points out, LSU has continually burned us with great punt returners.  Well I cannot wait to get down to Auburn for a big time 7-0 vs. 7-0 Saturday afternoon battle between Tigers.  I will be back to review on Sunday and hope to have more good than bad to say.  War Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment